This course is presented to transfer a working knowledge of SQL to the participants. During this course you will learn about
- General database concepts, including what is a relational database?
- SQL basics including syntax, structure, standards and conventions
- Connecting to a database
- Building queries including Commands, functions, operators, etc
- Resources - documentation and tutorials
We understand that the best way to learn is by doing, and we have compiled the course curriculum in such a way as to maximise your time to discover and use the software we present. On completing the course you should be comfortable with key SQL concepts and ready to take this knowledge back to your workplace to use in productive work on a daily basis!
At the end of the course participants will understand and be able to:
- Install a database and client
- Load data into the database
- Construct CRUD queries
- Use various functions and operators
- Find out how to extend their knowledge through self-learning
- Practise SQL in their own time on their own installation